If you have never heard the term “fanboy” or “machead” thrown around a friendly conversation that is vaguely about technology, chances are good these Apple t-shirts are not for you. Even if you surf the web on Safari or read your iBooks on an iPad, true fans of the brand tend to stretch their love all around the world and back. This fascination extends slightly beyond a respect for elegant design and spiffy technology; it usually develops into a penchant for soapbox speeches about right clicking and apple only accessory cables.
Our economy is stimulated by the competition of major brands, but when a devout Pepsi enthusiast goes to McDonald’s are they deeply and passionately disappointed by the presence of Coke? Apple’s avid followers are unique in their singular devotion and their unquenchable hunger for new technology. If one day you find yourself face to face with a Machead, just take out your iPhone and… Oh you don’t have an iPhone? Then you are on your own.
1. Of course pirates use the iPhone. All Android users had to walk the plank. Arrr.
2. What else is there?
3. Do you like Apple and hipster video games? Here is your shirt.
4. Apple is more than incredible technology, it is a 30 year old tradition. So there.
5. This scenario is completely believable.
6. Be prepared for choruses of “I’m a PC” from bumbling middle aged businessmen.
7. This shirt is in remembrance of the dear departed. If you can find a girl that gets this reference, marry her.
Apple may seem like a foreign country to those technophiles who shopped for their Vaio at Best Buy or got their Acer tablet from New Egg, but there is a reason for all of the hype. Just ask them; corner a salesperson, chat with a genius or just find someone at the mall wearing one of these shirts. Anyone of them would be more than glad to explain it to you.