Since an expanse of time that borders forever, Elmo has been synonymous with joyful children and parents faking enthusiasm while pounding fist fulls of Excedrin. When the Elmo’s World segment comes on Sesame Street, parents everywhere hold their breath until it is over while their precious angels scream and dance right along with every off key xylophone song. Kids freaking love Elmo. He rules Sesame Street.
Turn a TV on to Elmo’s World anywhere in the vicinity of a child and stand back to observe the excitement. Those kids do not care anything about the man behind the puppet regardless of what the hypersensitive advocate groups are shouting. The main reason for that is to these children Elmo is not a man. Elmo is the friendliest furry friend they will ever know. Elmo is facing harsh scrutiny these days, and he needs your support. Let’s rally behind him as a thank you for all of those peaceful hours of free babysitting he has given the children of the world. Plus, wearing Elmo t-shirts is such a gangster thing to do.
1. Ironic to the recent controversy, Sesame Street has always promoted acceptance and diversity.
2. If your children grew up hearing that Santa is a lie and the tooth fairy is a disgusting thought, this is the shirt for you. Three cheers for realism!
3. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to tickle this Elmo… or fall asleep close to him… or let him play with your kids.
4. The most famous street in America, and it is not even real.
5. Elmo warned you. Now its Elmo’s turn to tickle you. Hold still so this does not get weird.
6. 8-bit Elmo is not only nerdy but gangster. The crowds you’ll be able to roll with are virtually endless.
Elmo is a beloved icon in children’s television. Children too young to talk hang on his every high pitched word. He is their first love and dream date. Elmo is the monster embodiment of childhood happiness and no one should be allowed to take that away.