Social media has become a large part of our actual social lives. Facebook has put an end to slowly driving past your ex-girlfriend’s house with your lights off. Twitter lets you know the exact minute someone gets pissed off, drunk or elected president. All the while Instagram became a bonafide source of actual news during Hurricane Sandy instead of a place for hipsters to take off centered photos of graffiti in bizarre yellow tones.
Social media has inundated daily life and instead of fight it, we say, “Let’s put it on a t-shirt!”
1. This shirt makes for a fun social experiment to see how sensitive men are about other people enjoying their girlfriend’s company. This shirt is also an excellent way to subtly let a friend know his girlfriend is a sloppy drunk.
2. We get it. You go to the gym, love your dog, and have the best relationship ever. For two seconds, can you stop clogging my mental stream up with your useless crap?
3. Nothing ends a friendship as quickly as a block on Facebook, except maybe telling them out loud.
4. Ok fine. I concede that you have more twitter followers and facebook friends. I will even go as far to say that at one point in your digital life, you “trended” something. Problem is, I’m winning in real life. Check. Mate.
5. Let’s pretend for a moment that you are way too cool to Instagram photos to Facebook on your smart phone, or maybe you tried, but you can’t afford a decent data plan and your flip phone doesn’t do 3G. Never fear, your bandwagon has arrived! You are no longer an outsider or a non conformist; you are a free thinker. You may not win the technology war, but you will have more money to spend on t-shirts… #weirdo…
6. If your social media knowledge extends only slightly beyond pre-timeline Facebook, it is very possible you don’t know why people make up ridiculous compound words after number signs i.e. #ifreakinglovedoritos. This shirt will provide you with a color coded reference guide. #finally